Monday, May 4, 2009

Stuntin on them with the Flu

pic popsugar.com


So as I gorged myself at my Grandmom's dinner table of round two of second or third helpings of string beans and other wonderful non-"diet friendly" foods. I noticied as I was chewing and reading my fork for another mouth full that there was a faint new taste to the string beans. I couldn't put my "fork on it" but I was like "Yeah, these beans taste extra...something" as I delivered another mouthful....hmmm was it a new seasoning or maybe it was a way she simmered the beans this time. It suddenly dawned on me...those smalls specks that I saw earlier while making my helpings where bacon.....wth. Usually I could care less but these last few days my ears and eyes have been plagued with anything dealing with the Swine Flu. I kinda freaked out some and paused for a hot 3 seconds...saying "Dear God please don't take me now, I just want to enjoy this splendor of food, go on summer vacation, have future gorgeous babies, go fly a kite, and besides I don't have health insurance". My Mom later said she kind of did the same thing, but finished her plate anyways and informed me {even though I knew} that you couldn't get Swine Flu from eating bacon. Later on that day while surfing the net I came across an article on PopSugar.com that mentioned how a company was selling "stylish face masks" (People will always try and make money off of anything...good or bad)...I was like really, a face mask with pictures...why didn't I think of that first.


Oh and yeah I did finish my plate all three times with desert on the side :)

No comments:

Post a Comment