Thursday, June 4, 2009

See You Soon Grasshopper



Today's post will be a bit dreary, due to the rain and also because of a loss. Today the martial arts world and a small portion of my mid afternoon young childhood suffered a loss today. The dynamic man David Carradine passed. He was found dead in his hotel room in Bangkok, Thailand while in the midst of filming a new movie.

You may ask who is this David Carradine and why is it such a big deal? Well, my young grasshopper you know him as the white guy (who I thought for the longest was Asian) who played in the show "Kung Fu" or you may remember him as Bill in the movie "Kill Bill". Back in my younger days when I was going through my tom-boy phase, I could remember rushing home or enjoying those days off when I would plant my buns in front of the old rabbit ears for hours and watch in awe of the splendor known as "Kung Fu". I thought it was brilliant and how I learned so much on what it took to become a ninja or a monk? I don't remember but I thought it was cool when he had flashbacks and it showed how he had to learn how to hold pebbles that were baking in lava fire, taking pebbles out of his masters hand (which he failed so miserably at), or all the other cool ninja stuff. Anyways there was always a lesson at the end of the episode and a new move I would experiment on people.

So in the end I send my condolences to the Carradine family, and pray for them to get through such a sad time of their life.

(pics:davidcarradine.com)

No comments:

Post a Comment