Thursday, April 22, 2010

Friends don't lie to friends

Dear P,

I feel as though I need to really express my real feelings on our "relationship". You come every month usually around the same time or unexpected as if we are close friends, bringing nothing but sad side glances and a week of attitude. At least a true friend would bring me candy or some delights, but not you. I think you need to pick up a Webster and read what the definition of friend is. By writing this I thought it would clear up the air and put both parties on the same wave length. WE ARE NOT FRIENDS. I may call you my "friend" but please please understand I am using it in a sarcastic tone whenever I use this adjective with you. If anything for a better choice of wording your more of a nuisance then a friend, maybe even borderline frenemy. I know this is harsh, but after evaluating out relationship for of the past 15 something years of my life this is how I truly view you. I could remember the time when you purposely embarrassed me on various occasions, even tho I turned the other cheek and probably cursed you out under my breath a few times, I still accepted you. A true friend would never do such things. I recall our first meeting and it involved lots of phone calls from my mother, grandmothers, and aunts. No child under the age of 16 wants to discuss you to a family relative. I'm sure you gushed in delight ( 0_0). The list goes on and on.

It's even to the point when my male friends have noticed and have called you as being a "Debbie downer", a "Cock blocker", and other negative comments which I shall not repeat. The point is I really don’t like you that much and am happier when your not around.

But there were times when I did grow concern for you because you came a few days late with out any notice. Being inconsiderate of another person's time is not acceptable. We live in 2010, you could've tweeted, skyped, fbooked, emailed, used smoke signals, pen palled, or even called to let me know of your late arrival. Being considerate is what build strong bonds that make relationships meaningful. I'm not sure if I could ever give you the friend sticker. Yeah we have gone through a lot but damnit I just don't feel you at times. There were a few occasions when I did welcome you with open arms but I don't think it will have a big impact on my feelings for you.

I mean we are stuck together for the next 30 plus years. We can't always choose who we want to be with, but sometimes we get stuck with that person and just have to deal with. Let's just get along and bae this ride that is called life. I hope that this letter will not offend you but only bring a clear understanding and a continuing cordialitity ( is that even a real word) among us.

Yours truely,
Tiffsoyo

P.s. see you next month loser

1 comment: