Wednesday, March 18, 2009

So Nice and So Right


SOoo, today was a great day for oh so many reasons:
1. Finished and processed my taxes ( how I count the days of stalking the mail man everyday until I receive that wondrous check with my name typed in its Times New Roman font with my name on it)
2. Got some extra funds in the el banko so my pockets are no longer sitting on cotton
3. It was 60 plus degrees outside
4. Went downtown and to South St. to meet up with my beautiful friend Ty
5. I ate octopus for the first time, and I loved it !!

I think every year especially when the weather breaks, and the weather is over 50 degrees I fall back in love....with Philly. Like how Carrie had a relationship with her city, I too have the same relationship with my city. Something about when the weather gets warmer it seems Philly comes to life. I could go on and on about it.. I think from the staple "Philly Summer Diet" (Philly pretzels and water ice w/ fruit chunks), to the free concerts throughout the city, the smell of BBQ grills, going to the various parks and hanging out on the benches, open fire hydrants sprayin the neighborhood kids to cool off..etc...uhhh I heart my city. Even though its an ongoing love/hate relationship it definitely has my heart inside of it.


While hangin with Ty who I've come to realize may be my shopping counter part, I bought a few items from this vintage store we hit up on South St. .I'm "Supposed" to be watching my spending..more so cutting back but it's an addiction. I found two blazers which I didn't get but may go back for (one reminds me of a wacked out but oh so Tiff-ish Balmain jacket..I think I will go back for), but made out like a bandit with some items for the summer. A cute cropped 80's tee, some bracelets and some canvas slip-ons (and I only paided five dollores for (I spelled it this way for a reason)) which will be used for a DIY project...can't wait.




Ohhh! and for my music segment for the day to hopefully open you to some new tunes to play or re-play if you know about this artist ..it is the wonderful Japanese group Nujabes...some of you may of heared them on the anime show Samurai Champloo (which is more adult themed yet great to watch). They have some awesome stuff, if you like chill type music, jazz, a rap overlay like Common-esque type stuff every once in a while then you will definately like them..if not it never hurts to just listen and try. So check out the video and enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment